PLACES OF SIGNIFICANCE
Please help us add to our inventory of places within the Corridor that are historically and culturally significant.
Let us know about a site or resource in your community that supports our mission to preserve and protect Gullah Geechee culture and history.
We welcome your pictures too.
Contact us at: email@example.com
THINKING OF VISITING THE CORRIDOR?
The Corridor is not a park or a single site visitors can tour, but comprises many historically and culturally significant places as well as communities where people live and wish to maintain their privacy.
Not all historically and culturally significant sites are accessible to the public. We have a listed a few suggestions that may be of interest. These include museums, plantations, national, state and county parks, and wildlife refuges.
- Angel Oak, Johns Island, SC
- Avery Research Center, Charleston, SC
- Caw Caw Interpretive Center, Ravenel, SC
- Phillip Simmons House and Museum, Charleston, SC
- McLeod Plantation, James Island, SC
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, Charleston, SC
- Drayton Hall, Charleston, SC
- Boone Hall Plantation and Gardens, Charleston, SC
- Charles Pinckney National Historic Site, Mt Pleasant, SC
- The Rice Museum, Georgetown, SC
- Brookgreen Gardens, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Penn Center, St. Helena Island, SC
- Mitchelville, Hilton Head Island, SC
- Aiken-Rhett House, Charleston, SC
- Gullah Museum of Hilton Head Island, SC
- Gullah Museum, Georgetown, SC
- Hobcaw Barony, Georgetown, SC
- Bellamy Mansion Museum, Wilmington, NC
- Brunswick Town/Fort Anderson, Winnabow, NC
- Poplar Grove Plantation, Wilmington, NC
- Moores Creek National Battlefield, Currie, NC
- Geechee Kunda Museum, Riceboro, GA
- Cumberland Island National Seashore
- Cumberland Island history
- Dorchester Academy Boys’ Dormitory, Midway, GA
- Sapelo Island, GA
- Harris Neck, GA
- Fort Mose NHL, St. Augustine, FL
- Kingsley Plantation, Duval County, FL
- Lincolnville Historic District, St. Augustine, FL
- Lincolnville Museum, St. Augustine, FL
- Red Bank Plantation House, Jacksonville, FL
Post Office Box 787
Beaufort, SC 29901